As you can see from the image below I've added in the thug that just slapped our main character. I'm still debating if I need more stark shadows on these first two frames or not as I don't really want this to get too dark and muddy looking. That said, I like the way the beam of light is lightening the thug's jacket. There's a lot of opaque overlays to add to the initial mood of the scene and I hope that works out okay when this goes to print but if not I'll just have to make some adjustments.
Working in the center of the page you can start to see how I work up the scene from the background forward. By creating an entire background image I can move pieces around in front of it in much the same way that animators work their images in front of backdrops or actors work in front of a green screen. You can see that the pencil work is layered beneath the wall and in order to continue with the scene I switch between full view and wireframe view so I can see which sections need to be drawn when. If anyone has any questions feel free to mention them in the comments for the blog and I'll explain. If not, I hope everyone is enjoying the vicarious experience of creating this graphic novel.